Water Filtration & Softening System Installation & Repair in Lexington
Clean, safe water is an essential part of life. The contents of your water might surprise you even if it appears clear and bright. The water in Central Kentucky contains high levels of ammonia, chlorine, haloacetic acid, calcium, and magnesium carbonates.
Protect yourself, your family, and your home from water contaminants with a whole-home water filtration system. These systems ensure safe and reliable water for you and your family. Contact H2O Maestro today for water filtration system installation, repair, and maintenance services in Lexington, Kentucky.
Traditional Water Softeners
Benefits of a Whole-Home Water Filtration System
There are a host of great benefits of water filtration, which makes it a valuable system for your home. Here are some of the benefits of installing a whole-home water filtration system:
- Filter Water Impurities: Water filtration removes water impurities such as chlorine, filtration byproducts, calcium, magnesium carbonates, and heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and arsenic.
- Filtered Water Tastes and Smells Better: Have you ever been somewhere and the water just tastes or smells weird? Filtered water removes impurities and makes water taste and smell more neutral. The filtration process leaves in the natural minerals that make the water taste like spring water rather than flat distilled water.
- Health Boost: Filtered water improves skin hydration, nutrient absorption, detoxification, digestion, and more. Filtered water is better for healthier cooking and baking.
- Significant Money Saver Over Bottled Water: Buying bottled water takes time, effort, and money. You can get it delivered, but again, you’re spending extra money on it—not to mention all the plastic waste. Whole-home filtration systems save significant money over buying bottled water.
- Environmentally Friendly: When you stop buying bottled water, you save the planet from significant plastic production and waste. Unfortunately, most plastic in the United States is not recycled.
Benefits of Whole-Home Water Softening System in Lexington
Hard water is when water contains high concentrations of calcium and magnesium ions, which create limescale and damage heating and plumbing systems in your home.
The water in Kentucky ranges from average hard water at 112 PPM (parts per million) to very hard water. Lexington has very hard water with 215 PPM. This is due to high calcium deposits around our area.
Soft water doesn’t contain these minerals and is much gentler on your home plumbing, appliances, clothes, and more. Here are some of the benefits of a whole-home water softener:
- Healthier Skin & Hair: Soft water does wonders for your skin and hair. It makes them softer, more lustrous, and smoother.
- More Efficient Soap & Cleaners: Hard water contains magnesium and calcium ions, which makes it very difficult to create a lather with soap and other cleaning products. Whether you are showering, washing dishes, washing clothes, or washing the car, you’ll find that you’ll use significantly less soap than before.
- Less Cleaning: Hard water is the cause of soap scum, spotty appearances after washing, and streaky dishes. It’s the reason you have to put the “dish rinse” liquid in your dishwasher to have clean-looking dishes because the hard water leaves trace minerals behind, making everything look dirty. With soft water, lathering soap and cleaners are easier, rinsing dishes, cars, counters, and more is easier, and you don’t have to put all that vinegar and elbow grease into scrubbing off mineral deposits and soap scum.
- Longer Lived Plumbing & Appliances: Hard water leaves behind mineral and scale deposits in your plumbing and water heater or boiler, wreaking havoc on your plumbing system. This creates blockages in your pipes and heating inefficiency in your water heater. Hard water can reduce your water heater or boiler’s efficiency by as much as 50 percent. These mineral deposits are more likely to form due to the heating temperature of your water heater or boiler, exacerbating the problem. Soft water running through your system will dissolve the scale away, remedying the problem. Soft water improves the longevity of your plumbing, water heater, boiler, dishwasher, laundry washer, and any other appliance that uses water.
- Cleaner Laundry: Hard water can be very harsh on clothes. When washed with hard water, they can become dull and weathered, colors fade, and whites turn grey. The minerals in the hard water can act like sand and weather your clothes faster, stripping fibers of their structure integrity.
Expert Whole-Home Water Filtration & Water Softener System Installation, Repair, & Maintenance Services
H2O Maestro’s experienced plumbing technicians are ready to professionally install, repair, or maintain your water filtration or softener system in Lexington, Kentucky. Contact H2O Maestro for more information.